The offshore banks around the Island of Pico offer excellent opportunities to dive with sharks at terrific sighting distances. The blue sharks and mako sharks approach the divers up to arm’s length. The program is combined with a diving day at one of the best dive spots in the world in the Middle Atlantic, at Princess Alice Bank. Here you dive with shoals of Mobulas and pelagic fish. Furthermore you snorkel with dolphins and go on a whale-watching trip in the Atlantic.
Our experience showed us to be as flexible as possible. In the Mid-Atlantic we sometimes have to deal with weather conditions which do not allow us to reach the offshore banks. This is why it is necessary to plan the trip for 10 to 14 days. However, the summer months are quite stable.
The Sharkweeks in the Azores are the ultimate shark diving experience.
All our dive expeditions start in our shop in Madalena do Pico.
- 10 Overnights in a double room in Guesthouse (alternative accommodation on request)
- Transfers from/to Pico airport or ferry port
- Dive bundle € 1.200,-
- Max. 8 participants per group
Dive and activity forecast:
- 1 diving day with 2 dives at Princess Alice Bank
- 3 dives with blue sharks
- 1 diving days with 2 dives at Pico’s coastal sites category 1 from land
- 1 diving days with 2 dives at dive sites category 1, 2 or 3 by boat
- 1 excursion for whale watching
1 excursion for snorkelling with dolphins
If any of love planed acidities can not be done any other activity or dive site can be nominated by the service provider without further notice. We will do our best to do always the best spots and reach everywhere but we can not guarantee this. If you wish to dive more during your stay the bundle can be topped up any time at Pico.